The Asia Tech Podcast was joined by Oi Yee Choo, the Chief Commercial Officer at iSTOX, which leverages blockchain technology to bring previously out-of-reach opportunities to more investors. Oi Yee Choo has more than two decades of experience in financial services at some of the world’s most well-known banks and investment banks.
Some of the topics that Oi Yee and I discussed:
- iSTOX’ recently closed $50MM Series A
- Small investors’ lack of access to private market investments
- Existing processes for issuance, custody, and post-sale management of securities are very inefficient
- The current environment favors Institutions and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals
- Blockchain and smart contract technology allows iSTOX to digitize or tokenize securities
- New technologies allow iSTOX to serve a large number of small investors
- How this enables small investors to earn higher returns
- Expands the universe of financial products that can be offered to smaller investors
- This also helps issuers, giving them larger pools of potential investors
- This process of digitizing the securities markets will not happen overnight, but it will happen
- Which countries and regions are moving faster than others.
Follow Michael Waitze and the Asia Tech Podcast here:
Facebook – Michael Waitze
Facebook – Asia Tech Podcast
LinkedIn – Michael Waitze
Twitter – Michael Waitze
Asia Tech Podcast is powered by Podcast Network Asia. For more information on the shows and the network, visit Podcast Network Asia at their website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed by the podcast creators, hosts, and guests do not necessarily reflect the official policy and position of Podcast Network Asia. Any content provided by the people on the podcast are of their own opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.