The Asia Tech Podcast had a chat with Atul Monga, a Founder of Basic Home Loan. Founded in 2020, BASIC Home Loan is a fintech company, developing an automated platform for home lending in India. It aims to provide consumers with end-to-end fulfillment, through technology for faster loan disbursements. The company’s vision is to change the way Bharat (India) finances its affordable homes.
Some of the topics that Atul and I discussed:
- The drastic change in India’s socio-demographic structure
- Extended families are becoming more nuclear
- The impact these socio-demographic changes have on the housing sector, especially in tier-2 and tier-3 cities
- How ‘Phygital’ (blending an offline, physical approach with an online one) is becoming the backbone of home lending in non-urban India
- How the pandemic has and continues to rewrite the housing preferences of low and middle-income India
- The standardization of housing properties and how this is rewriting the lending rules in India
- Paperless documentation and faster disbursals are becoming the norm
- Is there an insurance play as well
Follow Michael Waitze and the Asia Tech Podcast here:
Facebook – Michael Waitze
Facebook – Asia Tech Podcast
LinkedIn – Michael Waitze
Twitter – Michael Waitze
Asia Tech Podcast is powered by Podcast Network Asia. For more information on the shows and the network, visit Podcast Network Asia at their website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed by the podcast creators, hosts, and guests do not necessarily reflect the official policy and position of Podcast Network Asia. Any content provided by the people on the podcast are of their own opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.