The Asia Tech Podcast hosted Rosalind Quek, the GM of Modern Work, Asia at Microsoft. Rosalind and I had an insightful and wide-ranging conversation. We took a detailed look at Microsoft’s ‘Work Trend Index’ and a report entitled, “The Next Great Disruption is Hybrid Work – Are We Ready?“
Some of the topics we covered included:
- 2020 was a year like no other and had a profound impact on the way people work
- Hybrid Work – What it is, what it means, and why it is not going away
- How Hybrid Work has fundamentally changed the talent landscape and the idea of what an office should look like and provide
- What are some of the emotional and mental challenges faced by employees as a result of remote work?
- How employee expectations have evolved due to flexible work
- How, in many cases, employees feel much more productive in hybrid work environments
- Have different generations reacted and adapted differently to this new and developing environment?
- How remote work has changed the way employees interact? What drives new, serendipitous meetings?
- Has remote work shrunk employees’ networks and what is the impact on collaboration?
- Has a new authenticity emerged between colleagues and is this important?
- What is the ‘Democratization of Opportunity”?
- What are the recommendations that can be given to business leaders as this new work environment continues to evolve?
Follow Michael Waitze and the Asia Tech Podcast here:
Facebook – Michael Waitze
Facebook – Asia Tech Podcast
LinkedIn – Michael Waitze
Twitter – Michael Waitze
Asia Tech Podcast is powered by Podcast Network Asia. For more information on the shows and the network, visit Podcast Network Asia at their website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed by the podcast creators, hosts, and guests do not necessarily reflect the official policy and position of Podcast Network Asia. Any content provided by the people on the podcast are of their own opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.