The Asia Tech Podcast ventured (virtually) Down Under to James Fyfe and Blake Lockley, the co-Founders of Portant. Portant is an automated reporting platform that empowers you to create stunning reports with less effort…but the goal is to be much more than that. These two guys were great and they took the recording so seriously that they actually went to a studio and used some super microphones and even had a green screen with the Sydney Harbour Bridge displayed behind them.
They were also quite serious about building Portant into something large and influential.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- The founding of Portant and the belief that people are wasting their potential on monotonous tasks at work
- James and Blake (sounds like a duo in a buddy cop movie) want people to have a better work-life balance
- The understanding that people enjoy the creative parts of their jobs the most and do not want to get bogged down in repetition
- The work that can be automated should be automated so that humans can do the creative work that only humans can do
- They take their company seriously, but their titles…no so much
Follow Michael Waitze and the Asia Tech Podcast here:
Facebook – Michael Waitze
Facebook – Asia Tech Podcast
LinkedIn – Michael Waitze
Twitter – Michael Waitze
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed by the podcast creators, hosts, and guests do not necessarily reflect the official policy and position of Podcast Network Asia. Any content provided by the people on the podcast are of their own opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.